Let It Snow
By Paris Dukes
For the Left Page:
- Use the purple snowflake dots paper as the background. Cut out the snowflake border overlay and ink the edges with black (Tip: Be sure to use a StazOn inkpad when inking clear and frosted overlays. Overlays are non-porous, so pigment and dye-based inkpads will not dry on the surface of the overlay). Glue the border 1/4” in from the left edge of the page, trimming the excess even with the top and bottom edges of the page and set aside. Ink the edges of the background paper with black. Cut three short lengths of black embroidery floss and run each through the holes of three white buttons, tying the tails of the floss in a knot on top of each button. Use Glue Dots™ to attach one button each to the center of three snowflakes on the snowflake border.
- Mat a vertical photo on black cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16”. Mat again on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8”, and ink the edges with black. Cut a 5 1/2” length of white sheer ribbon and lay it across the bottom of the photo, wrapping the ends around the edges of the photo mat to secure on the back. Recall the excess snowflake border from step 1. Cut out one snowflake shape from the excess border and glue it over the right end of the ribbon length along the bottom of the photo. Cut a 4” length of white sheer ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Tie a knot in the center of the ribbon length and use a Glue Dot to secure the knot in the center of the cut out snowflake. Glue the photo centered 3/8” in from the right side of the page.
- Use a black pen to journal the name, location and date on the background paper, centered just above and below the photo.
For the Right Page:
- Use the blue snowflake dots paper as the background. Mat a vertical photo on black cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16”. Mat again on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8”, and ink the edges with black. Glue the photo 7/8” in from the left side of the page.
- Cut out the blue and aqua dotted tags. Cut out the two snowflake tile overlays. Glue one snowflake tile to each of the tags, then adhere the tags to the page with the tab on the left end, overlapping the top and bottom right edges of the photo as shown. Cut two 4” lengths of white sheer ribbon and trim the tails of each at an angle. Tie a knot in the center of each ribbon and use Glue Dots™ to attach one knot to each of the tabs on the tags.
- Cut out the “Let It Snow” tag overlay and glue it between the tags, overlapping the right edge of the photo. Cut three short lengths of black embroidery floss and run each through the holes of three white buttons, tying the tails of the floss in a knot on top of each button. Use Glue Dots™ to attach one button to the center of each snowflake tile overlay and one to the tab on the “Let It Snow” tag overlay.
A tip from Paris: Don’t worry about taking the time to sew buttons to your papers. Just run a length of thread, ribbon or floss through the holes on the button to give it that stitched look, then use a Glue Dot™ to attach the button to your project. You’ll get perfect placement of your buttons every time, and you won’t have to worry about breaking out the sewing needles.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2006 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013