Mother's Day Card
By Ann Bernklau
Ann's Tip:The diamond pattern on the papers makes it simple to create fun zig-zag designs.
The tags were printed from the free download on the Soft Nostalgia product page.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- With the fold on the top, cover the card with floral tile pattern. Cut 2 3/4"x6" of teal tile and trim along the tile lines on the right edge. Match up this zig-zag edge with the tiles on the floral tile paper and glue to the card, trimming off the excess.
- Cut 2"x6" of peach tile and cut along the tiles the same way as the teal. Match up the zig-zag to the tile lines on the teal so that a vertical column of teal tiles is showing. Glue down and trim off excess. Ink the edges of the card with a brown inkpad.
- Print "Mom" on a tag from the free download and foam tape to the card 1" from the right and 3/4" from the top. Add a small brown/pink stitched bow to the top of the tag.
- Place the dress form Dazzles™ on the peach part of the card, 1/2" from the left. Place the buttons and hearts in each of the teal tiles. Back a flower with teal tiles and trim around the sticker. Glue to card 1 3/4" from the right and 2 1/2" from the top. Back the pincushion with peach and glue to the card 1/4" from the right and 1/2" from the bottom. Place the "You're Sew sweet" to the left of the flower and pincushion as shown.
- For the inside: Cut along the tile lines of the floral tile pattern to create a zig-zag 6 1/2" long strip as shown. Glue across the middle of the card. Print "Happy Mother's Day" on a tag and glue to the card 1" from the left and bottom. Place the sewing machine Dazzles™ to the right of the tag as shown.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2011 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013