For You, Mom Card
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Tip: Give a vintage look to your card by creating a collage of stamped images and word strips.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- Cut a 5"x6 ½" of dark brown texture paper. Cut the striped swirl paper to 2 ½"x5" and glue to the right edge of the brown paper.
- Cut the aqua paper to 4 ¾"x4" and ink the edges. Tuck under the striped paper and glue to the brown.
- Ink the edges of the ribbon words and tag and glue to the aqua paper. Stamp the postmark and postage cancelled image across the tag. Then stamp the Eiffel Tower overlapping the tag and aqua paper. And the "Dream" to the tan strip.
- Wrap the seam of the papers with ribbon and tuck the ends behind the paper. Use an x-acto knife to cut the ribbon slide. Thread paper ribbon through the slide and glue over the sheer ribbon. Glue dot a bow to the ribbon.
- Print a greeting onto the label and foam tape to the striped border. Add pen work and glue to the front of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a 4 ½"x2 ¾" strip of dark brown paper. Print a message onto 3"x2 ½" aqua paper; ink the edges and glue to the brown paper. Add a striped paper border and cover the seam with paper ribbon.
- Add pen work and glue inside the card. Stamp the post mark and cancel stamp, as shown, and "Dream" under the strip.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2010 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013