- Trim black with tan text paper to 6” x 7 1/2”. Trim another
piece to 4 1/2” square and cut a 5” x 3/4” strip.
Ink the edges with black and gold.
- Cut out a 4 1/2” piece of blue Asian paper from the center,
using your X-acto® knife. Glue behind the bottom left corner of
the blue Asian paper. Fold up the corner and ink edges with black. Place
the 4 1/2” square of black with tan text paper behind it. Secure
with a brad.
- Glue the tan words strip across the center of the page, the right
edge lined up evnly with the right edge of the blue Asian paper.
- Glue the large rectangle of tan text paper at an angle on left side
of the blue Asian paper.
- Mat the photo on black, trim to 1/16”. Center on layout, overlapping
tan words paper.
- Cut out the ephemera definitions. Crumple and uncrumple one. Ink the
edges of the other two. Arrange below the photo and adhere. Adhere the
tiles. Tuck round “harmony” definition behind the top left
edge of the photo.
- Place brads in top left corner of tan text rectangle and on the right
side of the tan text strip. Hang key from brad with gold thread as shown.
- String gold thread between corner and top of tan words with brads.
Tie the fiber.
- Journal with black ink.
A Tip From Shauna:
Layer patterned paper with ephemera definitions for a
fabulous way to showcase a family photo. For great accents, I added
fibers, a key treasure, and mahjong tiles. The folder corner points
directly at the most important part of the page—your family portrait.
Page reprinted from More
Ephemera Background Papers. See your local retailer for project
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz
newsletter, please let us know by clicking
here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
for a printable copy (requires Adobe
© 2004 Hot Off the Press
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR 97013