||4th of July
By LeNae Gerig
- This layout continues the parade theme with excitement provided by the bursts, shiny stars and holographic paper. It could easily convert into a birthday page.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- Step #1 background: Cut a sheet of red stars paper to 9 1/4”x 11” and mat with navy cardstock, leaving the right side flush and the remaining sides with a 1/8” border. Place the tan border paper with the border on the left side. Glue the matted paper flush with the right edge of the border paper.
- Step #2 photos: Mat a 2 1/2” x 4” and a 4”x 3” photo with navy cardstock. Glue to the left and right sides of the page center, at angles. Mat two 2” x 2 3/4” photos on a single rectangle of white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border between the photos and on the sides. Glue overlapping between first 2 photos.
- Technique: Paper strips & Ribbon bursts: Lift photo edge and tuck 1” x 1 3/4” lengths of red dot ribbon and 1/4” wide strips of navy cardstock and holographic paper to extend from under the first photo and from the top of the second photo. Adhere black and silver Dazzles™ stars on and among the strips.
- Step #3 Dazzles™: Adhere the word “Music” to overlap the bottom of the 3rd photo with the music staff adhered to the lower right edge of the center photo. Adhere a treble clef and trombone to the lower right. Add star and music notes below.
- Technique: Embellishing music Dazzles™ with star Jewel Dazzles™: Replace the “i” in music with a tiny star. Add Jewel stars among the music notes on the staff.
- Technique: Backing Dazzles™ with Holographic star paper: Place the French horn onto the holographic paper and use small scissors to cut close to the Dazzles™ edge. Foam tape to the lower right corner of the 3rd photo.
- Step #4 journaling: Cut words, printed with different fonts into thin strips. Ink the edges and glue as the page title, overlapping photo edges, and among the Dazzles™ on the card with the wings slightly lifted.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2012 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013