For the Outside of the Binder:
- Cut the black elastic band and remove it from the binder. Ink the surface of the binder with black. Cover the front of the binder with pink texture paper, then ink the edges with black. Cut a 3 1/2”x5 3/4” piece of pink dotted paper and ink the edges with black, then glue it centered on the front of the binder. Cut a 1 1/2” square of pink texture paper. Use alphabet stamps to stamp the word “friends” on the paper square, then glue the square centered on the front of the binder.
- Cut a 3 1/2” length of sheer pink ribbon and tie it near one corner of the silver frame. Use E-6000 glue to attach the frame over the square of pink texture paper on the front of the binder, positioning the frame so the ribbon is in the bottom right corner. Use E-6000 to attach the silver corners to the top and bottom right corners on the front of the binder.
For the Inside of the Binder:
- Ink around the edges of the inside front and back covers with black. Cut two 3 1/2”x5 3/4” pieces of pink sponged paper and ink the edges with black. Glue one piece of pink sponged paper to both the front and back surfaces of the inside of the binder.
- Cut two 1/2”x5 3/4” strips of pink sponged paper and two 1/2”x5 3/4” strips of pink texture paper and ink all the long edges with black. Glue the strips vertically down the manila dividers about 1/8” in from the right edge.
- Cut four 1 1/2”x7/8” pieces of white cardstock and ink the edges with black. Use alphabet stamps to stamp one each of the phrases “A-F”, “G-L”, “M-R” and “S-Z” onto the cardstock pieces. Glue one each of the stamped cardstock pieces onto the dividers, placing the right edge of the cardstock in the tab on the divider, then overlapping the pink paper strip. Cut a 4” length of sheer pink ribbon and run it through the hole where the black elastic band was, then tie it into a knot around the edge of the binder. Fill the spaces between each divider with address book papers.
A Tip From Sara: Album accents are great for the front of sarabinders™. The corners add a sleek look and offer protection for the corners of the binder while the frame makes a great place to showcase the title of the binder, a photo or artwork. Album accents are made of metal, so glue sticks and Glue Dots™ aren’t strong enough to hold them in place. Use an industrial strength glue like E-6000 to ensure a long-lasting hold.
sarabinders™ are fun and easy to make–and they’re so versatile! Along with address books, you can use them to create mini scrapbooks, planners, sketchbooks, CD holders and more. To see the whole line of sarabinders™ products plus get project ideas, tips and techniques, check out www.sarabinders.com.
Questions? Email us!
This Page To A Friend
If you no longer wish to receive the Layouts With Pizazz newsletter,
please let us know by clicking
Click here to view past Layouts With Pizazz.
here for a printable copy (requires Adobe