About the Pages
Technique: Shaped Brads
Designer: Paris Dukes
Jason and Maries Wedding
By Paris Dukes
Paris says: "Brads make great, easy flower centers...but that doesn't mean the brads have to be round! I emphasized the color scheme and the theme of love on this wedding layout by adding fun heart-shaped brads to the center of the silk flowers in the corner of the page."
- Tear and roll the top edge of a 12"x5" piece of black striped paper (stripes running vertically). Glue the paper even with the bottom of the black words paper, leaving the torn edge unglued. Tear and roll the top edge of a 12"x4 1/2" piece of black floral paper, then glue even with the bottom of the striped paper.
- Mat two vertical photos on red glimmer paper and trim the mats to 1/8". Glue one photo over the left side of the page, tucking the bottom edge under the unglued torn edge of the striped paper. Finish gluing the striped paper in place, then glue the other photo in the top left corner of the page.
- Journal onto the black floral tag and glue the tag at an angle in the top left corner of the left photo. Tie 7" of red grosgrain ribbon into a shoestring bow and use a Zot to attach the bow over the tag's tab.
- Trim the tails of a 3" length of red grosgrain ribbon at an angle, then fold the ribbon in half. Secure the folded end over the bottom right corner of the right photo with a white heart brad.
- Run 13" of red grosgrain ribbon across the bottom of the page, taping the tails to the backside. Attach a large tan silk flower and a small red and small white silk flower over the right end of the ribbon with red and white heart brads. Journal onto the black striped label and mat on red glimmer paper, trimming the mat to 1/16". Add a red embossed brad to each end of the label and foam tape it over the left side of the ribbon length.
By Paris Dukes
Paris says: "Don't have a funny story to tell in your journaling? Sometimes journaling in a list can be the most appropriate (and easiest!) form of journaling. After completing your list, jazz up the journaling with shaped brads as bullet points!"
- Ink the edges of two 12"x3" strips of brown rose paper, then glue the strips across the top and bottom of the pink rose paper. Mat a vertical and a horizontal photo on pink textured paper, trim the mats to 1/8" and ink the edges. Glue the vertical photo near the top of the page, 2" from the right edge, and glue the horizontal photo in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Computer journal a list onto tan textured paper and crop to 4"x12". Ink the edges of the journaling, then mat on pink textured paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and ink the edges. Wrap 5" of mauve ribbon around the bottom of the journaling, taping the tails to the backside. Glue the journaling down the left side of the page.
- Add music note brads as bullet points to the journaled list. Tie 7" of mauve ribbon into a bow and attach it over the top of the journaling with Zots. Foam tape tile cut-outs across the ribbon length at the bottom of the journaling.
- Add a music note brad to the small pink tag cut-out and foam tape the tag to the right of the vertical photo. Tie a knot in 3" of ribbon and attach the knot over the tag's tab with Zots. Foam tape the joyful cut-out centered below the tag.