About the Page
Technique: Making mini album pages
Designer: Shauna Berglund-Immel
Mini album pages are big on style! Shaunas layout features a clean, streamlined lookshe fits a portrait photo, journaling and embellishments on her page, yet it doesnt look busy or crowded. Her trick? Read Shaunas tips on scaling down to create an 8x8 layout.
Scaling Down: If youve made 12"x12" pages in the past, scaling down to an 8 page might be a bit different. Here are a few guidelines:
- Youre not limited to just one photo per pagebut do have realistic expectations about the number of photos you can place on a page. (It probably wont be 8 or 9!)
- Reduce the size of your journaling, not the amount. Try a smaller font size on your computer, for example.
- Use elements sized for a smaller page. A tag that looks great on a 12" layout will take over your 8 page. Opt instead for smaller embellishments.
This layout is just one page in Aidens scrapbookthe rest of the album could be devoted entirely to Aidens first year, or this portrait could be just one page in an album of Mommys Favorite Photos.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x7 3/4" piece of yellow gingham paper, making sure the printed rickrack is running down the right side. Ink the edges with the black inkpad and glue to the right side of the periwinkle blue cardstock background, leaving space at the top, bottom and right side.
- Mat photo on yellow cardstock, then on pumpkin cardstock. Ink the edges. Glue the photo to the page, placing it slightly to the right of center.
- Cut out the Bath Time tag and ink the edges. Insert the antique-finish brad at the top. Tie a knot in a piece of yellow grosgrain ribbon, then attach the knot to the tag with a Zot, placing it just above the brad. Place on page, overlapping the photo.
- Cut out Baby Boy label and three bathtub tile cut-outs. Ink the edges with black and attach to the page as shown.
- Use a black pen to journal on the blue cardstock.
Shauna Berglund-Immel is a cardmaker, a scrapbooker and a papercrafter who designs for Hot Off The Press and the Paper Wishes catalog. For marvelous mini album pages, Shauna recommends the Paper Pizazz Mini Album line of 8x8 papers, cardstock, albums and accessories.