By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: I love painting in stamped images on our acetate with these IZINK pigment inks! I used 2 coats of ink here for opaque coverage, but you can also thin them with water for a more transparent look.
- Front: Cut a 6 1/2"x6” piece of acetate. Use the dull side of your knife blade to score a line across the acetate, 1” from the top. Place the acetate horizontally on your work surface with the scored line at the top. Anchor the corners with small pieces of stencil tape or sticky notes.
- Stamp the shell and starfish images near each other on the lower left portion of the acetate as shown. Stamp the fish image 1 1/8” from the right side and 2 1/8” from the bottom. Let dry a couple of minutes.
- Turn the acetate over. Shake the IZINK pigment inks and add a drop of each color on your palette (or use your clean acrylic block as a palette). Use the small brush to paint in the images on the back of the acetate as shown. Let each color dry, then add a second coat for more coverage.
- Cut the blank white card in half at the fold. Place 1 piece horizontally on your table. Take your piece of acetate and turn it right side up. Fold the scored edge under, creasing the fold flat with your fingers or a bone folder. Place Ultra Clear tape on the top edge of the white card. Now align the fold of the acetate with the top edge of the card, so the folded area is fixed to the card with the stamped/painted in images overlapping the card.
- Lightly fold back the acetate. Cover the white card and the 1” folded edge of the acetate with yellow color block paper, trimming edges evenly with the card. Cut a 6 1/4"x1/2” blue stripes portion of the Tropical Collage paper and glue across the top of the yellow paper with 1/16” borders at top and sides. Cut a 6 1/4"x4 1/4" tan/blue portion from the bottom of the Tropical Collage sheet and glue centered on the bottom of the yellow paper, with 1/16” borders. Cut a 6 1/4" length of teal glimmer ribbon and glue across the collage paper, 1/4" from the bottom of the card. Add a Teal Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the bottom edge of the ribbon.
- Write or computer print “Birthday Fishes” and “For You” on remaining yellow paper. Trace a Rectangular Label A shape with “Birthday Fishes” centered inside the shape, then cut it out. Ink the edges black and mat on Aqua Color Block paper with 1/16” borders. Add Teal Jewel Dazzles™ on the ends. Repeat for the words “For You” using the Rounded Tag C shape. Glue the word shapes on the paper inside. Close the acetate flap. Place a Dazzles™ teal border across the acetate, 1/2" from the top. Tie a teal glimmer bow and Zot™ near the upper left corner. Add Teal Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.