Thank you for being a part of the Paper Wishes family!
Thank you for your purchase, we want to give you a little treat to say thanks for being a part of the Paper Wishes family. Please enjoy this free project idea, created by our very own Teresa Welch. This original card design is available to Paper Wishes customers like youits our way of thanking you for being with us!
Owner, Paper Wishes
By Teresa Welch
Special Offer: You can get the supplies to make this this Birthday Folder and save- both items are yours for $16.99
- To ink the folder: Open the folder and place it dull side up in the box. Spritz with the three Smooch inks and let dry. Turn the folder over and spritz with the three inks again and let dry. (I spritzed rather heavily and let the ink pool in places for an artistic look. You can lightly spritz and it will still look great—and take less time to dry, too.)
- For the inside panels: Cut four 3"x3⅞" papers, two from Batik pink plaid and two from Batik purple tapestry. Trace and cut the flap pattern from Batik purple tapestry paper. Ink all the edges purple. Glue the flap liner to the flap and place the Dazzles™ as shown.
- Stamp the heart frame in black on a pink paper and glue to the first panel. Stamp “just for you” and a small butterfly below the heart as shown. Place a flying bird on Batik green circles paper and cut out. Glue to the heart and place the Dazzles as shown. Glue a purple paper to the second panel. Cut 3" of the diamonds Dazzle™ border and place it 1⅝" from the upper folder edge. Place a bird Dazzle™ above it and decorate both with jewel Dazzles™.
- Glue a pink paper to the third panel. Place the butterfly swirl Dazzle™ on it, then place flower and jewel Dazzles™ as shown. On the last paper, stamp half the butterfly frame in black, extending off the upper left edge. Place the butterfly and jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the pockets: Cut two 2⅞"x1⅞" Batik purple circles paper and round the upper left corner of each. Ink the edges purple. Stamp the upper half of the heart frame in black on each, then glue one to the front of each pocket. Place “enchanted” Dazzle™ on the left pocket. Place a bird on Batik green circles paper, cut out, and glue to the pocket as shown. Place “moment” and jewel Dazzles™ on the right pocket as shown. Glue the pockets in place.
- For the tags: Stamp the houndstooth frame in black extending off the left edge of the larger purple tag. Stamp “happy birthday” in black on Batik pink plaid and trim to 1¼"x⅝". Ink the edges purple and mat on Batik purple tapestry paper with 1/32" borders. Ink the edges purple, then glue to the frame and place Dazzles™ as shown.
- Stamp the heart frame in black extending off the right edge of the smaller purple tag. Place a bird on Batik pink plaid paper and cut out. Glue it and place Dazzles™ on the frame as shown. Stamp “with love” in black on Batik pink plaid paper and cut to 1"x⅝". Ink the edges purple and mat on Batik purple tapestry paper with 1/32" borders. Ink the edges purple and glue in the frame. Cut two 4" navy swirls ribbon and insert one through each tag hole. Tie bows around the navy ribbons with ⅛" wide lavender sheer ribbon.
- For the outer panels: Turn the folder over so the outer surfaces show. Cut four 3"x3⅞" Batik papers, two from Batik tiles, one from purple tapestry, and one from purple circles. Ink all the edges purple. Stamp the houndstooth frame in black extending off the lower left corner of the purple circles paper. Glue to the first panel and place the Dazzles™ as shown. Stamp the same frame in black extending off the lower left corner of the purple tapestry paper. Place a butterfly on Batik green circles paper and a bird on Batik pink plaid paper. Cut out and glue as shown. Place the Dazzles™ as shown.
- Stamp “a warm hello” in the lower right corner of a Batik tiles paper. Place the butterfly swirl and jewel Dazzles™ on it as shown, then glue to the third panel. Glue the last tiles paper to the fourth panel. Trace and cut a flap pattern from Batik tiles and ink the edges purple. Place the Dazzles™ circles border along the straight edge and three butterflies flying on the right. Place the jewel and flower Dazzles™ as shown, then glue to the flap.
- Finishing: Close the folder and wrap with navy swirls ribbon. Tie a shoestring bow and trim the ends. Slide the ribbon off the folder. Cut the prongs off the bee brad and place a flower and jewel Dazzle™ on its body. Glue the bee to the bow center. When dry, slip the ribbon onto the folder.