Birthday Greetings Color Me Card
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: For this card I blended clover and pebble alcohol inks onto the paper so the colors remained mostly separate. I used more clover ink on the flourish border and tag for contrast.
- With the card fold at the top, cover the card front with Color Me Glossy Writing paper with the flourish border at the left side. Moisten the paper with blending solution using the applicator. Add clover and pebble inks onto the paper, then use a tapping motion with the applicator to spread the color, keeping some separation of the colors, rather than mixing them together. Add more clover ink to the flourish border for darker contrast. Blot excess color from the white design with the paper towel moistened with blending solution. Let dry.
- Trim the tag loosely around the edges. Moisten the tag with blending solution, then apply clover and pebble inks onto the tag and spread the color. Add more clover ink if needed, so the tag will have a darker contrast than the card front. Add ink outside the edges of the tag, then trim to leave an inked border. Let dry.
- Place the tag on your cutting surface and use your knife to cut around the swirl at the upper right side of the tag. Write or computer print "Birthday Greetings" on light green cardstock, trim and mat on white. Tuck the lower right corner of the word block into the cut area on the tag and glue in place. Add a ribbon tab to the tag and glue to the right side of the card front.
- Zot a white flower with white brad and knotted ribbon to the flourish border as shown. Embellish the card front and tag with green Jewel Dazzles.
- Inside the card: Color a 1 ½"x4 ½" Color Me Glossy Writing paper with clover and pebble inks. Ink a words/swirls label and let both dry. Glue to the right side of the inside. Glue ribbon vertically to the rectangle, ¼" from the right side. Add word block, knotted ribbon, and green Jewel Dazzles as shown.