Black/Silver Blessings Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Mask off portions of your stencil with Post-it® notes to use corner or edge areas.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top. Glue 1/2”x5” black suede strips on the left and right sides.
- Tape the stencil over Black Lace Shine Design paper. Use the mini-squeegee to apply silver embossing paste through the open areas in a thin layer. Remove excess paste, then remove the stencil and let your piece dry. Clean the stencil with soapy water immediately. Cut to 5 7/8”x5” with the dots on the top and bottom. Mat the right and left sides on white cardstock with 1/16” borders and glue centered on your card.
- Tape the stencil over black suede paper and apply silver embossing paste through the center frame area. Remove stencil and let dry, then trace around the embossed frame with the Squared Oval Label A from the Layered Labels template. Cut out along the traced line, mat on white cardstock with a 1/16” border and foam tape centered on your card.
- Place the “Blessings” word Dazzles™ on the center and small Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Card inside: Place the top of the stencil along the fold and use the cosmetic wedge to apply Silver StazOn® through the dots at the top of the stencil. Move the stencil to continue the pattern along the fold. Repeat at the bottom. Let dry.
- Mask off the areas around the corner bracket area of the stencil. Place that area of the stencil 1 3/4” from the upper left corner of your card. Let dry, then repeat for the opposite corner bracket.
- Place the “simple joys” word Dazzles™ on 1 7/8”x3/8” black suede, mat on Black Lace Shine Design paper with a 1/16” border and foam tape between the inked brackets. Place Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.