Blue Bells Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Ink the sides of the bells for shadowed edges and to make them appear more rounded.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left and glue 5”x6” Fresh Frost blue snowflake on tan paper across the center. Use the shaped card edge template from the Tool Kit to trace and cut out the bottom edges of two 5”x1” Fresh Frost blue w/tan dot papers. Ink the edges with Chambray and glue the long straight edges along the top and bottom edges of your card. Ink the edges. Place corner Dazzles™ 1/16” from each corner.
- Trace and cut out Bracket Label B from Fresh Frost dark blue paper and ink the edges. Mat on Silky paper with a 1/16" border and ink the edges. Mat again on suede paper with a 1/16" border. Glue centered on your card. Place small star Dazzles™ on the four points.
- Follow your die-cutting machine’s instructions to cut several pine sprigs from suede and Zot™ onto the label in a large spray that extends off the edges of the label.
- Cut three bell silhouettes from glimmer paper and three bell “clappers” from suede. Use the paper tool kit to shape the back of each bell silhouette, and shape the bottom edge from the front to create an open bell shape. Mat each clapper ball on Silky paper with a thin 1/16” border, ink the edges and shape from behind.
- Cut two Bell #2 overlays and one Bell #1 overlay from Silky papers. Ink the edges and shape each from behind. Glue the shaped overlays onto the bell silhouettes. Use a double layer of foam tape on the center back of each bell to place as shown. Foam tape each bell clapper in place, as shown.
- Trace and cut out a tiny tag from Fresh Frost dark blue paper, ink the edges, mat on Silky paper with a 1/16" border and ink the edges again. Place “JOY” & scroll Dazzles™ on the tag. Zot™ a double bow of light blue crepe over the tag at the top of the bells.