Carter Family Christmas
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Decorate these fun die-cuts with buttons and Stickles for a very festive look!
- Cut a 10 1/4" brown dots paper square and glue centered on the green circles background paper. Cut two 10 1/4" lengths of tan/ivory gingham ribbon and glue one each on the top and bottom edge of the brown dots paper. Cut a 9" red/tan scallop stripes square. Cover the bottom half with red/pink/ivory snowflakes paper. Cut a 9"x3/4" brown dots paper and glue even with the top edge of the red/pink/ivory snowflakes paper. Mat on light green cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the brown dots paper.
- Mat the 7"x5" photo on tan dots paper with 1/8" borders. Mat on brown circles paper with 1/2" borders at top and sides, and 1 1/2" border on the bottom. Mat on ivory circles paper with 1/18" borders. Glue to the page, 1/2" from the right side and 2 1/4" from the top.
- Write or computer print journaling on ivory circles paper and trim to a rectangle. Mat on light green cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the right side of the page as shown. Write or computer print journaling on the large oval die-cut with holly at the top. Add date to the small oval die-cut. Glue or foam tape to the left side of the page. Outline the holly leaves on the oval with gold Stickles. Let dry.
- Punch out the Christmas tree, holly, 3 presents, and green swirl die-cuts. Outline the star on the tree with red Stickles, and the remaining tree with gold Stickles. Outline the sides and bottom of each present and the holly leaves with gold Stickles. Add a dot of gold Stickles to the ends of the green swirl. Let the pieces dry completely.
- Glue or foam tape the die-cuts to the page as shown. Cut thin strips of light green cardstock and thread the button holes. Zot buttons in place. Use 1 1/2" wide green ribbon to tie a bow. Cut each end in a "V". Zot the bow on the bottom edge of the large oval die-cut. Zot a large red button on the center of the bow.