Compass Swing Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Keep the melted powders hot before stamping the compass image with black StazOn® ink.
- Card base: Open a blank Label Swing die-cut card and place with the label on top. Cover the left and right panels with Trailblazer contour map paper, cutting even with the edges of the center label. Glue 1”x6 ½” contour map paper on the center strip. Glue the border art paper on the large label panel with the wood grain at the top, cutting even with the edges of the label panel. Place Trailblazer Scrapbooking leaf Dazzles™ on the left and right of the label panel. Tear ½” from the top of 7 ¼”x3” wood grain paper and glue along the bottom edges of your card.
- Deep Embossing Technique: Swipe the bottom right corner with VersaMark™ and sprinkle with Copper embossing powder, then with a few sprinkles of gold embossing powder. Heat from beneath your card with the heat gun to set, then stamp ”Life Is An Adventure” into the hot melted powder with black StazOn®. Let cool.
- Place border Dazzles™ below the label panel, as shown. Turn your card over and cover the back label panel with tan marble paper. Ink all cut edges brown.
- Card front: With your card closed, place brown cardstock under the right side of the label panel edge and trace the outline, then flip the panel over and trace the opposite edge to make a label that fits the panel evenly. Cut out the label and loosely swipe with VersaMark™, leaving the edges un-inked. Use the Deep Embossing technique to emboss and stamp the compass, centered on the label. Glue the piece onto the front label panel. Wrap the label panel with tan and brown twine, tying a bow on the left of the front panel. Zot™ on a bow of 1/8” rust grosgrain ribbon.
- Use the Deep Embossing technique to emboss and stamp the arrow onto 1 ½”x5/8” brown cardstock and foam tape at the upper left, as shown. Place Copper Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Card inside: Mask below the upper left area of the label panel with Post-its®, then stamp and emboss the compass with gold. Stamp and emboss the arrow on the right. Place “Explore” and Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.