Copper Gilded Label Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Use the large center label to trace a shape from the double-sided adhesive before you cover and gild it. It’s also easy to add gilding to the backs of the Charms Dazzles™ for a new Dazzles™ color.
- Card base: Pop out the center label from a blank die-cut card and save for later. Cover the left front panel, right front panel and inside panel with black suede. Back the window with acetate. Fold your card closed and place with the folded panel on the left.
- Card front: Cover 4”x3” white cardstock with double-sided adhesive and use the center label to trace and cut out another label from the piece. Cover the original label and the large frame die-cut with double-sided adhesive (save one label for the inside). Remove the remaining paper cover from one label and the large frame die-cut, place copper metal leaf onto each and burnish in place with your finger, removing the excess leaf from the edges.
- Place each leafed piece in the embossing folder and emboss with the die-cutting machine. Ink the edges of the frame black and foam tape in place over the front window. Cut the leafed label in quarter, then cut each corner down to 1 1/8” edges and foam tape at the outer corners of your card.
- Cover the small center label with suede and foam tape centered on the acetate window. Back the “Dream” and “Wish” charms Dazzles™ with suede and burnish red variegated foil leaf onto the backs of the Dragonfly and charms Dazzles™, as shown. Place Dazzles™ onto the center label and the frame and Zot™ on a bow of ¼” brown sheer ribbon. Place baby bling on the Dazzles™ and on the corners of the frame.
- Card inside: Burnish the remaining label with red variegated foil leaf and foam tape centered on your card (be sure the front window aligns with the label when closed).Knot several lengths of ribbon and Zot™ over the charms, as shown. Place baby bling as shown.