Dalmation Puppy Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Use the paintbrush to spatter dots on the background for more dalmation “spots”. Dip your pencils in water before coloring your stamped image for more vibrant colors.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top. Cut 1 ½” from the right side. Cover with Family Ties red/black diamond paper and ink the edges black. Place Border Dazzles™ ½” from the right edge.
- With a wet paintbrush, slide the brush across the tip of pencil #199 to create a spattered effect across 3 7/8”x3 7/8” white cardstock, and let dry. Mat on black suede with a 1/16" border and tie a length of yellow and black twine across the center, tying a bow on the right. Place Border Dazzles™ above and below the twine, then foam tape 1/8” from the upper left corner.
- Stamp the boy w/puppies onto 3”x3” white cardstock with VersaMark™, dust with embossing powder, shake off the excess and set with the heat gun. Color around the inner edges of the boy’s coat with pencil #121 that has been dipped in water. Added lines inside the red with #’s 111 & 108 and blend with a wet paintbrush. Color the hat & pants with #234, the hair, shirt and bow with #108, the faces and hands with #131 and the basket with #187. Blend edges with the paintbrush. Let dry. Mat on black suede with a 1/16" border and foam tape centered on the spattered piece.
- Stamp and emboss “Love” across two 5”x1/2” white cardstocks and mat the long edges on black suede with 1/16" borders. Foam tape one piece 1/8” from the bottom, and save the other for the inside.
- Card inside: Spatter #199 across the card and stamp the heart paw print in black, as shown. Stamp and emboss “Wag More, Bark Less!” 1 ½” from the fold, near the right side. Foam tape the remaining “Love” strip above the sentiment and place border Dazzles™ above it. Glue a double bow of yellow and black twine as shown.