|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||More ideas . . . and more savings on Sara's Surfaces with this week's webisode!
About the Projects
Technique: Sara's Surfaces Boxes
Designer: LeNae Gerig
These boxes make cute gifts for special trick-or-treatersor use them as favors at a spooky Halloween party!
Halloween Fry favor box
By LeNae Gerig
- While the box is still flat, slip a 4x3 sheet of orange striped paper into the back of the box and glue it to secure. Use scissors to trim around the top edge of the box back to remove excess paper.
- While the box is still flat, cover the back and then the front of the box with black cobweb border paper. Trim the paper even with the box edges. Ink the edges of the box. Assemble the box.
- Secure the pumpkin Brad Buddy and bat brad to the box front. (Tip: prevent goodies from catching on the brad legs by placing a piece of clear tape over the brad legs.) Adhere the candy tag to the box near the top edge and top with a knotted length of orange ribbon attached with a Zot. Fill the box with yellow crinkle paper and treats.
Halloween ghost gift box
By LeNae Gerig
LeNae's Designer Tip: To cover the box with paper, first cut the paper to size. Apply glue to the paper and then wrap and crease at each box edge as you apply the paper to the box sides. This will insure a smooth fit.
- Assemble the swirl box and fill it with treats or a gift. Cut a 4 1/4-wide strip of orange striped border paper. Wrap around the box and glue to the box sides, overlapping the ends.
- Wrap a length of black ribbon around the box, tying at the top. Punch a hole in a small tag and secure a ghost brad. Personalize the tag with a name and glue under the bow.
- Adhere the ghost die cuts to the box sides. Foam tape the candy die-cuts to the box as shown.