By Susan Cobb
Designer's Tip: Cover the blank white card with green tulle before adding paper and embellishments to create a pretty textured background. I punched the center of the heart die-cut away from the brown scalloped border, then foam taped the border for added dimension around the flat heart center. It would be super easy to create this card for Valentines Day, just by changing the words on the blank cut-outs.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Glue a 5 length of tulle across the card, even with the top edge, then repeat for the bottom edge (you will have a space at the center between the two pieces of tulle). Ink the edges of a 4 1/2x6 green/ivory paper and mat on brown stars paper, leaving a 1/16 border. Glue centered to the card front.
- Ink the edges of a 5x3/4 blue/brown strip and glue across the center of the card, covering the space between the pieces of tulle. Punch the red floral heart die-cut from its brown scalloped frame. Glue the heart centered over the blue/brown strip. Foam tape the brown scalloped heart over the edges of the red heart. Foam tape the brown dotted swirl die-cuts at the sides of the heart, overlapping the green paper and blue/brown strip, trimming the ends to fit beneath the scalloped heart border as needed.
- Ink the edges of the small green and blue heart die-cuts and layer with foam tape. Fold a 1 1/2"x1 piece of tulle and Zot in place centered over the right side of the red heart die-cut. Foam tape the layered hearts over the tulle. Write or computer print Happy Anniversary on a small blank cut-out. Ink the edges brown and foam tape the ends to the card, overlapping the heart and green paper.
- Zot a red satin bow to the left edge of the heart. Ink the edges of a green button die-cut and tie with brown jute. Zot the button over the center of the bow. Line the back of the brown border die-cut with red satin ribbon. Foam tape a 4 1/2 length across the card front, 1/2 from the bottom.
- Glue a 5 length of tulle across the inside, 1/2 from the bottom. Ink the edges of a 5x2 1/4" green/ivory paper and glue centered across the tulle. Add the remaining brown border backed with red ribbon across the bottom of the paper, trimming the edge evenly. Glue the blue/floral oval with brown dotted scalloped border near the left side, overlapping the green paper.
- Write or computer print message on a large cut-out, then ink the edges. Place a 2 1/2"x1 1/2" piece of tulle angled over the oval die-cut, then glue the word block off-set over the oval and tulle. Ink the edges of a small red heart and glue to the left edge of the word block. Zot knotted jute to the heart as shown.