Happy Birthday Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Glitter and layer the fairy’s wings to get movement
- Card front: Make a card by cutting a 12” white cardstock to 12”x6”. Score and fold in half. Place with the fold on top. Mat a 5 5/8” square of Simply Susan lavender print paper on Glimmer paper with 1/8” borders. Glue centered. Mat a 6”x1” Simply Susan floral print paper on Iris Suede paper with 1/8” borders on the long sides. Glue centered.
- Cut a Silver Fairy card topper with the fairy facing left to a 3 5/8” square. Outline her image with a Spectrum Noir TB2 pen. Cut a second pair of wings, and Glue just the center to the image. Color sections of the wings, dress and hair with the Smooch Frost. Glue centered to a 4½” square of white cardstock.
- Use the Die Cutting machine, and the cutting die to cut a large frame, and four corner swirl die-cuts. Glue the large frame over the fairy card topper centered. Trim close to the die-cut edge. Mat on lavender glimmer and white cardstock with 1/8” each time. Glue centered on the card front. Cut the middle section from each die-cut corner piece. Glue to each corner.
- Place the “Happy Birthday” Dazzles in a 2¼”x3/8” white cardstock. Mat on Iris Suede with 1/16” borders. Foam tape to the card bottom.
- Place Silver Dazzles as shown. Zot three flowers to the bottom left corner. Make a four loop ribbon, and Zot to the top right corner. Zot a button to the center of the ribbon.