By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: I computer printed the greeting on the top layer of the Papier Tole embellishment to customize it for a birthday occasion.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card with Robin’s Red red/ivory tiles paper. Cut a 4 1/4"x5 7/8” blue striped paper and mat on white cardstock with 1/16” borders. Place a heart paper doily on red/ivory tiles paper trimming the edges to a 1/16” border. Glue centered on the blue striped paper, 7/8” from the bottom.
- Pop out the images for the heart balloons Papier Tole embellishment. Write or computer print “Happy Birthday!” on the right side of the banner on the #2 image. Layer the images together by number with foam tape over their matching design. Add “Beautiful YOU” brad to the red/blue balloon and a blue brad centered on the red/ivory tile on the banner. Glue the Papier Tole embellishment centered on the backed heart doily. Foam tape a small blue heart (extra art from the Papier Tole sheet) on the right side of the red balloon.
- Cut a 4 1/4"x1/2” blue/ivory frillies paper and mat long sides on white cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue 1/8” wide red grosgrain ribbon centered across the strip, trimming side edges even with the paper.
- Glue to the blue striped paper, 1/4" from the bottom. Add brads to the right side of the strip as shown. Turn a red square button die-cut on point and foam tape on the left side of the strip. Foam tape a tiny tile die-cut centered on the button die-cut. Glue the blue striped paper centered on the card front. Use 3/4" wide red crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ near the bottom of the heart paper doily. Place a small flower centered on the bow.
- Glue a 5”x3” blue striped paper across the inside, 3/4" from the bottom. Glue a 5”x2” red/ivory tiles paper on the blue striped paper 3/8” from the top. Glue a 5”x5/8” blue/ivory frillies strip even with the bottom edge of the red/ivory tiles paper.
- Pop out the cupcake images for the Papier Tole embellishment. Layer the images together by number with foam tape over their matching design. Add the “Happy Day” Embellies brad over the bow. Glue to the left side of the red/ivory tiles paper on the inside. Glue the red/ivory tile image (extra art from the Papier Tole sheet) on the right side of the inside as shown. Write or computer print “Here’s to you” on the blue Embellies label. Replace the red brad and Zot™ to the right side of the cupcake embellishment, overlapping the red/ivory tile. Use 1/8” wide red grosgrain ribbon to tie a tiny bow. Zot™ to the blue Embellies label as shown.