|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Layouts
Technique: School 8"x8" Scrapbooking
Designer: LeNae Gerig
The summer months are winding down and parents, children and teachers everywhere know what that means: It's back-to-school time! Get ready to scrapbook the upcoming school year with new Paper Pizazz School 8"x8" Papers! All the coordinating 8"x8" papers, alphabet tiles and perfectly sized artwork you'll need for your school mini album await you in this colorful, versatile collection. We love it for scrapbooking an entire school year, for creating a "Through the Years" school photo album, or for heartfelt, personalized teacher gifts. And yes, there's even a place to store your completed pages! Don't forget to check out the School 8"x8" Album, made to coordinate perfectly with the paper collection!
By LeNae Gerig
- Use the blue mesh with stripe border paper as the background, turning the paper so the border is on the right. Mat a vertical photo on red mesh paper, trimming the mat to 1/4". Mat again on black cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16", and glue centered over the blue mesh portion of the background.
- Cut out alphabet tiles to spell "kindergarten" and lay them at varying angles around the left and bottom edges of the photo, Secure the letters in place, alternating between glue stick and foam tape for attaching. Use a black pen to journal the name and date above the top right edge of the photo.
- Use foam tape to attach the crayons, apple and pencil artwork tiles evenly spaced over the left edge of the stripe border. Tie three 8" lengths of red/white gingham ribbon into shoestring bows, then use Zots to attach one bow just below each of the artwork tiles.
By LeNae Gerig
- Use the blue netting paper as the background. Glue a 6" square of blue/black/orange stripe paper (with the stripes running vertically) 1/2" from both the top and left edges of the page.
- Mat a horizontal photo on black cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/8". Glue the photo centered 1" from the top of the page, overlapping the striped paper. Use a black pen to journal on the large tag and glue the tag at an angle over the top right corner of the photo.
- Add the "sportsmanship" word fragment overlapping the top left edge of the striped paper. Use a black pen to fill in the score on the scoreboard artwork, then glue the artwork at an angle over the bottom left corner of the striped paper. Add a series of three soccer ball brads horizontally across the bottom right edge of the striped paper. Cut out alphabet tiles to spell "soccer" and attach them at varying angles, alternating between glue stick and foam tape, in the bottom right corner of the page.
Mini albums make quick and easy weekend projects and fabulous personalized gifts. Just click here to check out all 14 versatile themes of Paper Pizazz 8"x8" papers and albums, perfect for any occasion!