|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Super Sized Brads
Designers: LeNae Gerig
There's no way around it: Brads are here to stay. They're easy to use, inexpensive and available in an infinite number of shapes, colors and styles. And they've come a long way. While brads are still widely available in basic shapes and colors, they've opened the door to many creative innovations. Think shaped brads, painted brads, and now, for maximum impact, Super Sized Brads!
Super Sized Brads are so easy to use, so they're great for beginners. They're easy to alter, too, so they're perfect for adventurous crafters. Coming in both solid and outline styles, Super Sized Brads can be inked, sanded, stamped...you name it! And the outline styles look lovely when backed with your favorite patterned paper or photograph.
From scrapbook embellishments to card focals and more, Super Sized Brads are versatile enough for any paper craft. Read on to see how LeNae used them on two of her latest projects, and check out our Super Sized Brads Webisode for even more techniques and ideas!
By LeNae Gerig
- Place a sheet of pink paper with the pinwheel border on the right. Glue a 1"-wide strip of striped paper (stripes running horizontally) just left of the border. Attach two yellow and white solid flower brads to the top of the strip. Punch two circles of striped paper and glue one to each flower center.
- Mat a horizontal photo on purple cardstock, trim to 1/8" and glue at the top of the page. Mat a square photo on aqua cardstock and trim to 1/8". Glue in the bottom right corner of the page, overlapping the striped strip.
- Attach a blue bracket punch-out to the left of the horizontal photo with two mini brads.
- Attach two yellow and white outline flower brads to striped paper, then trim the paper even with the edges of the brads. Punch out two "X" monograms. Build "XOXO" to the right of the square photo using mini brads to attach the "X"s and using the outline flower brads as the "O"s.
- Computer journal on white cardstock and crop to a horizontal tag shape with extra space on the end. Glue a 3/8"-wide strip of striped paper down the end of the tag and accent with two mini brads. Mat the tag on purple cardstock, trim to 1/8" and attach below "XOXO". Add a yellow brad to the tag's tab.
By LeNae Gerig
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left and cover the card front with red glimmer paper. Glue a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" piece of tan floral paper centered on the red glimmer.
- Glue felt ribbon down the left side of the card front, trimming the ribbon even with the card edges.
- Attach a solid heart brad to a blank punch-out, then foam tape the punch-out in the top right corner of the card front. Zot™ a bow of red grosgrain ribbon to the right of the punch-out.
- Computer journal "Valentine" on a blank tan label punch-out. Add a red mini brad to each end, then attach the label centered at the bottom of the card front.
For the Card Inside:
- Glue a 1 1/2"-wide strip of tan floral paper across the top of the card inside. Glue a 5/8"-wide strip of red glimmer centered across the tan strip.
- Fold 1 1/2" of red grosgrain ribbon in half and adhere the loose ends behind the top of the "your kindness..." punch-out. Glue the punch-out centered on the paper strips, extending off the bottom edge.