|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Sara's Surfaces™
Designers: Shauna Berglund-Immel & LeNae Gerig
Get creative with Sara's Surfaces™! Sara's Surfaces™ portfolios, pockets, folders and tags are double-sided, giving you one side that's matte and one that's glossy. The matte side is great for covering with paper and painting, and we love the glossy side for alcohol inks. Of course both sides are great for stampinguse any ink pad you'd like on the matte surface, and be sure to use a StazOn ink pad for the glossy side. Sara's Surfaces™ are made of heavy-weight material, meaning they won't warp or distort when paint, glue or ink is applied.
Want ideas? Read on to see how Shauna and LeNae turned a standard portfolio and a basic white pocket into stylish CD and gift card holders!
Love Songs CD Holder
By Shauna Berglund-Immel
- Unfold the portfolio and place it with the matte side up. Cover the top flap with multi striped paper (stripes running vertically), trimming the paper even with the edges of the flap. Ink the edges of the flap brown.
- Place the bottom flap on a cutting mat and use a craft knife to cut out a heart shape in the bottom right corner. Ink the edges of the heart window, then ink the edges of the whole bottom flap. Stamp love songs in black in the bottom left corner of the flap. Stamp stars in black across the bottom of the flap.
- Glue a piece of burgundy textured paper behind the heart window.
- Punch two circles of burgundy textured paper and ink the edges brown. Place one centered at the bottom of the top flap. Set an eyelet in the center of the circle and going through the flap. Repeat, setting a second eyelet through the second punched circle about 2 3/4" down from the top of the bottom flap.
- Refold the portfolio and glue the bottom flap to the side flaps. Ink the edges of the back of the portfolio brown. String embroidery floss between the eyelets to close the portfolio.
For You! Gift Card Holder
By LeNae Gerig
For the Card Front:
- Unfold the pocket and place it with the glossy side up. Cover the surface with green bordered paper, positioning the border over the top flap. Ink the edges of the top flap.
- Sand the edges of a green big brad. Add the treat rub-on to the sanded brad. Use the brad to attach a small white silk flower about 1" down from the top of the bottom flap.
- Refold the pocket and glue the bottom flap to the side flaps. Write for you! on the small brown tag cut-out and glue the tag at the bottom of the top flap. Tuck the top flap behind the big brad to close the pocket.