|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Scandinavian Hearts Thank Yous
Designers: Laura Nicholas & Susan Cobb
Looking for a heartfelt way to say thanks? Look no further! Laura and Susan broke out the versatile Scandinavian Hearts template, creating two special greetings to express their gratitude.
Thank You card
By Laura Nicholas
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with green/blue color block paper, placing the green block against the fold and a small portion of the light blue block in the bottom right corner. Leave the bottom right corner unglued. Chalk the edges of the card front yellow and add penwork around the edges of each color block.
- Trace three left sides of the template's Butterfly Heart on yellow/green striped paper. Flip over the template to trace three right sides of the Butterfly Heart onto green textured paper. Cut out all six shapes and follow the instructions printed on the template to weave three hearts. Accent the edges with penwork and chalk the butterflies yellow. Glue two hearts down the card front.
- Computer journal thank you on yellow paper and chalk the edges. Attach the phrase to the light blue color block with two green mini brads. Finish gluing the corner of the paper in place on the card front.
For the Card Inside:
- Cover the bottom 2 1/2" of the card inside with green and dark blue color blocks from the color block paper. Add penwork around the edges of each color block, then glue the third heart to the right side.
Thank You gift card holder
By Susan Cobb
- Dry brush pink acrylic paint over the entire surface of the folder, except the inside pocket flaps; let dry. Cover the pocket flaps with striped paper and assemble the folder.
For the Folder Front:
- Glue a 3/4"-wide strip of striped paper across the bottom of a 3 1/2"x5" piece of light blue texture paper. Glue the papers centered on the front of the folder.
- Trace the template's small Basic Heart shape on pink texture paper and again on striped paper. Cut out each shape, then follow the instructions printed on the template to weave the heart. Glue the heart to the top of the blue paper. Layer two felt flowers and add a glitter brad to the center, then Zot the flowers to the top of the heart.
- Computer journal Thank you on pink texture paper. Mat on yellow texture paper and trim to 1/16". Glue the sentiment overlapping the bottom of the striped strip. Add a glitter brad to the center of a felt flower and Zot it to the left of the sentiment with felt leaves layered underneath.
For the Folder Inside:
- Computer journal Thanks for all you do on blue texture paper and crop to a horizontal tag shape. Mat the tag on white cardstock and trim to 1/16". Glue the tag to the front of the right pocket. Layer two felt flowers and add a glitter brad to the center, then Zot the flowers to the tag's tab.
- Computer journal a sentiment on blue texture paper and crop to a tag shape. Mat on white cardstock and trim to 1/16". Fold a strip of striped paper in half and glue the loose ends behind the top of the tag. Accent the tab with a felt flower, attached with a glitter brad, then tuck the tag into the left pocket.