|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Projects
Technique: Giant Folding Templates
Designers: Susan Cobb & LeNae Gerig
Merry Christmas Giant Star Card
By Susan Cobb
- Trace the star shape onto the white side of the blue and silver striped paper. When tracing, keep your pencil toward the inside edge of the lines. Be sure to trace the fold lines.
- Cut out the star and erase any outside edge pencil lines.
- Fold each point inward on the inner fold line, then unfold.
- Fold each outer fold inward along the fold line, then unfold. This gives extra dimension to your card.
- Working clockwise, fold the large points inward. After the first fold, you'll need to tuck the next fold underneath the previous one. Repeat tucking and folding.
- Insert a red Great Big Brad in the center, taking care not to insert the brad too tightlythe card recipient will need to be able to untuck the folds!
- Press large silver pearls along the points, place a swirl of small pearls in the center.
- The card can be presented as isor you can write a special message on the inside!
Pretty Pink Fold-It Flower Card
By LeNae Gerig
- Trace the flower on the white side of the striped paper. When tracing, keep your pencil toward the inside edge of the lines. Be sure to trace the fold lines.
- Cut out the flower shape and erase any pencil marks on the outside of the petals. Fold each petal inward on the inner fold lines, then unfold.
- Fold the outer petals back along the outer fold lines and keep them folded. Chalk them pink.
- Working clockwise, fold the large petals inward. Untuck the edges of the inner flaps where they might have overlapped. The curved edges will be on top. Trace a swirl onto each of the petals with green pen.
- Inside: Trace the center area of the card template onto dot paper and cut out. Glue to the card inside back. Stamp a message at the bottom (making sure to leave space for the Great Big Brad).
- Sand the edges of a brown Great Big Brad, then punch a 3/4 circle of pink dot paper and glue to the top of the brad. Insert the brad into the center of the flower.
- Cut a tag from pink dot paper (I like to back mine with white cardstock for added weight). Stamp To: and then add lace and a button to the bottom edge. Punch a hole at the top and thread floss. Hang from the flower center.