|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Free classes with Paper Wishes Webisodes. Watch every Wednesday for new tips, tricks and techniques!
About the Project
Technique: Creating Albums
Designer: LeNae Gerig
Create a keepsake album containing all of your childs photos with Santa over the years. The journaling can include what they asked for, what the got and their reaction on Christmas morning. Dont forget to include the date for each year. How cute to watch your child grow on Santas lap each year!
Visit with Santa album & page
By LeNae Gerig
- Remove the binding posts and sheet protectors and paint the album black, let it dry. Cut one 11x5 rectangle of the red patterned paper and one 10x4 rectangle of the green trees paper. Ink the edges of the green rectangle and glue to the center of the red.
- Journal on the small tag and glue both of the tags to the green trees paper, temporarily placing the poinsettia flower for spacing. Glue the whole rectangle to the album front. Mark where the flowers will be placed and use the Big Bite to make a 1/8 hole at the top of each tag and for securing the poinsettia.
- Follow the manufacturers directions for applying the Modge Podge to decoupage the paper to the album cover. Paint the entire album to give it a glossy shine. Let dry.
- Wrap the gingham ribbon around the album, knot and trim the tails. Secure the layered poinsettias with a gold brad and also the tops of the two tags. Cover the brad prongs on the inside of the cover with art cut-outs.
- Cut the border paper to fit in the sheet protector. Mat a 3 1/2x 4 1/2 photo on black cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Glue to the page. Embellish the photo with a bow at the side and the year in the upper right corner.
- Use the letter cut-outs for the page title, I believe and glue to the page border; lift one of the letters with foam tape. Journal What she/he asked for, What she/he got, and Reaction. Print onto white cardstock and ink the edges. Glue above the border.