Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Jewel Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
Laura's Tip: Combine stamps and monograms to fit a long message (like happy birthday to you) onto your card front! The mix of fonts gives the card a fun, contemporary look.
Happy Birthday 2 U
By Laura Nicholas
- Cut a 4 3/4x6 1/4 piece of purple texture paper.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x4 3/4 piece of purple words paper. Sand the edges and mat on blue paper. Glue to the purple paper and sand the edges. Add blue mini brads to the corners.
- Use Glue Pad to edge around the U monogram. Add white flock and tap off the excess.
- Tap brackets into the Glue Pad and add sparkle fibers evenly. Tap off the excess.
- Layer a purple and blue silk flower and use a brad to attach to the U, then attach the U to the word paper with foam tape. Use foam tape to add the brackets at either side.
- Sand the edges of the 2 and glue to the purple texture paper.
- Attach the photo turn to a piece of scrap paper with a mini brad. Tap the Glue Pad over the photo turn and add white fun flock. Remove from the scrap paper and use a blue mini brad to secure it next to the 2.
- Stamp Happy Birthday above the 2 with the Glue Pad and add white fun flock. Adhere the sheet to the front of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a 4 square of purple word paper and sand the edges. Cut a 1 3/4"x4 piece of blue paper. Sand the edges and overlap the word paper.
- Stamp the greeting on the purple tag cut-out with the Glue Pad and add white fun flock. Tap off the excess. Insert a purple brad in a small blue flower and add the tag. Foam tape the tag to the blue strip.