Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the 8x8 Set bundle; or you can order them separately.
LeNae's Tip: Get a unique look, by sprinkling glitter on different areas of the hibiscus adhesive sheet. Substitute the Hawaiian theme for summer or beach photos.
8x8 Hawaii Album
By LeNae Gerig
- Remove the posts and pages from the album, paint it fuchsia and let it dry. Apply sealer and let it dry. (The sealer allows for the glues to adhere better to the paint).
- Cut an 8 x8 rectangle of purple script paper and ink the edges. Glue centered on the album cover. Cut the lavender textured paper into a 6 square and ink the edges black.
- Without removing the protective sheet from the Hibiscus Adhesive border, cut the sheet to 6 long and adhere to the bottom of the square. One at a time, sprinkle each color of glitter onto 2 or 3 areas of the adhesive and press with fingers to insure coverage. Place unused glitter back into jar and move on to another color.
- Mat the 4x6 photo with textured purple paper, leaving a 1/16 wide border. Ink the edges and glue to the top of the square. Glue, centered on the album front.
- Adhere the crystal clusters at the corners as shown. Replace the album pages and posts. Tie a sheer purple swirl ribbon between the posts.