Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Piercing Set bundle or you can order them separately.
LeNae's Tip: Time consuming, yet rewarding this pergamano template will help you create intricate and delicate butterflies.
Butterfly Pergamano card
By LeNae Gerig
- Pergamano butterflies: Use the stencil and piercing tool over the pergamano paper. Emboss the center areas of butterfly wings with the bak of the tool. Turn the butterfly image over and color in the other areas with the lavender pencil. The bumpy side of the butterfly will be the front.
- To cut out the butterfly, place each scissor point into side-by-side holes on the outer edge of the butterfly. Clip the holes to form a mini scallop. Continue around the perimeter of the butterfly.
- Cut a 4 x5 5/8 rectangle of purple diamond paper. Mat with blue vellum, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Turn the vellum over and pierce inside the edge. Glue to the card front.
- Cut the rick rack borders from the paper and glue to the card front as shown. Attach the butterflies to the border using a glue dot. Foam tape the Hello! cut out as shown.
- Inside the card: Use the stencil and lavender colored pencil to trace the loopy line above a paper strip at the bottom of the card inside back.