Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Queen Card bundle or you can order them separately.
Laura's Tip:Layer the rose Dazzles on vellum for a soft look, then place some onto dark paper for rich, subtle dimension.
Queen for a day Card
By Laura Nicholas
- Cut a 4 1/2x5 piece of burgundy texture paper and glue to the front of the
card, placing it on the left-hand side of the card front.
- Trim the lace art to 5 long and glue to the edge of the texture paper.
Cut along the lace edgejust through the front panel of the cardto create
a scalloped edge.
- Cut a 1/4 -wide strip of cream texture paper and ink the edges. Glue over
the seam of the lace and burgundy paper.
- Cut a 3x4 piece of cream paper and ink the edges, then glue to the face
of the card. Ink the edges of the crown, large Queen and quote cut-outs
and glue to the cream mat. Attach the Queen with foam tape.
- Layer a rose Dazzle on vellum and cut out, then add to the left side of
the card front with Vellum Glue Dots. Use foam tape to attach the small rose
cut-outs on top.
- Inside the card: Cut a 3 square of burgundy texture paper; add the card
greeting printed on cream paper. Attach the Queen cut-out with foam tape and
glue the burgundy piece inside the card.
- Cut a 2-wide strip of cream texture paper and ink the edges. Glue inside
the card along the right edge. Ink the edges of a 1/4-wide strip of burgundy
paper, then glue to the left edge of the cream paper.
- Cut two 1 1/2 squares of burgundy floral paper and ink the edges, then glue
to the cream strip inside the card. Place two rose stickers to vellum and
cut along the edges. Use Vellum Glue Dots to adhere the rose stickers to