Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Girls Night Out bundle or you can order them separately.
Laura's Tip:Create a fun memory book from your nights out with the girls. The Cotton Scraps can be glued on or sewn on. Once cut out, the edges are easily frayed. Inside the mini album, mix the dividers, pockets and envelopes for a mixture of pages. Add tags, photos, and journaling for a collage look.
Girls Night Out Journal
By Laura Nicholas
- Paint the back, spine and edges of the binder with black paint. Cover the
front of the binder with pink dots paper, placing the paper along the edge
of the binder but not overlapping the dip next to the spine. Glue the paper
to the binder, then turn the binder over and use an craft knife to trim the
edges. Add a 2-wide strip of striped paper (stripes running vertically) along
the bottom of the binder.
- Cut a 3/4 strip of black cardstock and place on the front of the binder to
cover the seam between the dot and stripe papers. Wrap the whole binder with
pink swirl ribbon. Secure the ribbon to the black cardstock with a small rhinestone
flower brad, then glue the strip to the front of the binder. Leave the ribbon
ends long enough to tie as a closure.
- Mat a 2 1/2x3 1/2 photo on black cardstock. Cluster a Cotton Scrap ticket,
large rhinestone flower brad, photo and 3x4 piece of black dot paper and
add to the cover of the binder.
- Mat a Cotton Scrap quote on black cardstock and foam tape to the striped
- Inside the binder: Cover the inside covers with dot and striped papers.
Add a 1/4 strip of black cardstock over the seams of the papers.
- Embellish the dividers with photos, tags, papers, and journaling. Ink the
edges of the dividers with black ink. Some of the papers and tags and such
can even expand past the