Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Spiral Cards bundle or you can order them separately.
Laura's Tip:Adding a Great Big Brad to the center of the spiral card allows each section of the card to tuck under the brad and makes it easy to open.
Happy Birthday Spiral Cards
By Laura Nicholas
- Use the template to trace the giant card shape on the back side of the
blue striped paper, keeping the pencil along the inside of the openings. Cut
out and ink the edges.
- Fold up the card along the lines, according to the instructions on the template;
unfold to open.
- Cut a 2 x3 piece of striped paper and ink the edges, then glue inside
the card. Insert a white Great Big Brad in the center of the card inside.
- Computer-generate the card message on white cardstock, ink the edges and
glue inside the card.
- Fold the card, tucking the flaps under the Great Big Brad.
- Add crystals along the edges of the flaps, alternating 3mm and 5mm crystals
on each flap.
- Computer-generate the greeting on white cardstock, and glue to a tag from
the Dots & Stripes book. Use black floss to tie it around the Great Big
Just for you!
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Tip:Lightly sanding the vellum first makes writing with the
opaque pen easier.
- Use the template to trace the giant card shape on light green vellum, keeping
the pencil along the inside of the openings. Cut out and lightly sand the
flaps of the green vellum in a swirl motion along the edges.
- Computer-generate the inside card message on a 2x3 1/2 piece of white cardstock,
and glue to the inside of the card. Add white penwork dots to the inside flaps
of the card.
- Trace and cut out the small spiral from yellow vellum. Fold to score the
lines, then unfold. Turn over and use the white pen to draw along the edges.
Let dry, then re-fold and add a 3mm green crystal to the center.
- Foam tape the yellow swirl to one of the flaps so it opens with the flap.
- Print greeting on white cardstock and cut into a tag shape from the template.
Mat on yellow vellum and cut into another tag shape. Punch a hole in the tag
and hang from yellow spiral with white floss.
- Add 5mm green crystals to the flaps of the large spiral. Add white pen work
to the edges.