|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Come check out the Card Workshop Week of Webisodes! Plus designer tips, free downloads, bonus projects and super savings!
About the Project
Technique: Finished in a Flash!
Designer: Susan Cobb
By Susan Cobb
Susan's Designer Tip: I sanded the sand pail Brad Buddy and brads for added texture and to highlight the embossed details of the embellishments. I used the Multi-Shaper punch to create a border in the orange paper, overlapping the blue for great contrast! I repeated the look on the inside.
- Turn the card so the fold is at the left. Cut a 5"x6 1/2" striped paper rectangle and cover the bottom 2" with blue textured paper.
- To create the border: For the first punch, remove the magnetic punch head from the base and place the orange paper on the base. Lightly place the upper punch on paper allowing magnets to lock in place and firmly press on the center of the lever with heel of hand. After the first cut, align punched paper with raised pink design guide labeled "border". Replace punch and press lever. Continue punching a third image.
- Trim the orange paper to 5"x3 1/2" with the border centered at the bottom. Write or computer print a greeting 1 3/4" from the top of the orange piece, with space between the words for the "fun" word fragment. Glue to bottom of the rectangle over the blue textured paper. Glue the "fun" in place between the words.
- Sand two yellow sunshine brads, blue sunglasses, 1 standard orange brad, 2 orange mini brads, and the sand bucket Brad Buddy and brads. Attach the bucket buddy and brads to the center of the tag punch-out. Sand the edges of the tag and then Zot a ribbon to the handle of the bucket. Glue blue ribbon across orange paper leaving a 1/8" border at the top. Glue the tag overlapping the striped paper, orange paper, and ribbon. Attach the sunglasses brad and yellow sun brad to the rectangle as shown. Glue the rectangle even with card front. Sand the front, concentrating on straight edges.
- Inside the card: Cover the inside with blue textured paper and sand the edges. Create another punched border with orange paper, 5"x3 1/2". Sand the straight edges and glue centered over the blue paper. Glue aqua ribbon across the center. Write or computer print "Celebrate!" on the striped label, add sanded mini brads to the ends and attach centered over the ribbon. Add the remaining sun brad.