|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Cute cards, pages and surfaces using the metal stencils- plus savings too!
A Day at the Lake
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Designer Tip: Flowers are not just for girl pages. I loved these puffy flowers on my family page; they work perfectly with the striped paper for a fun, bright page. I also mixed up the journaling on the tags by using various fonts.
- Crop the photos and mat on a 6 1/4" strip of navy cardstock. Mat photos strips again with 1/4" mats of white cardstock. And a third mat with 1/8" of hunter cardstock. Glue the photo strips to the striped background papers.
- Cut 1/2" strips of hunter cardstock and glue to the striped paper as a base for the flower borders. Foam tape puffy flowers to the green strips. Punch circles out of navy cardstock and add brads. Foam tape and glue dot the circles to the centers of the flowers. Punch a larger circle for the large green flower and add a brad. Foam tape to the center.
- Cut leaves from green cardstock and tuck under the flowers.
- Print journaling onto tags and tuck a tag under each flower.
- Print the date onto white cardstock and trim. Glue to the red tab and then foam tape to the edge of the photo strip on the left page. Add mini brads, as shown.
- Add pen stitching along the white photo mats and around the tags.
- Add three large brads to the top right corner of the left page and three more to the bottom left corner of the right page.