Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Grateful Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Here's a new way to use flocking! Add the flock to adhesive that has been attached to paper, then use the brayer to adhere the flocking to a piece of the adhesive sheet. After that, you can stamp on it, cut it, or punch it! For stamping, use a "very inky" StazOn inkpadeither new, or just re-inked. The images are fine with very gentle handling.
- To prepare the flocked adhesive: Cut a 5"x4" piece of the adhesive sheet and attach it to light aqua textured paper. Pull off the plastic covering the adhesive. Add the blue flock over the adhesive, and rub it in with your fingers. Now use the brayer to really adhere the flock to the adhesive, adding more flock to areas as needed. Shake off the excess and return it to the container.
- Cut a 5"x1/2" flocked strip and set aside. Cut a 1 3/4"x2" rectangle of the flocked adhesive. Stamp the lady image centered on the rectangle, 1/8" from the top. Let dry, then mat on dark brown textured paper. Stamp flower images and a postage cancellation image on the flocked adhesive and let dry. Cut around the stamped images.
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with light brown textured paper with the striped border at the bottom. Glue the flocked strip across the border, just beneath the horizontal brown line. Ink the edges of the card.
- Assemble a collage centered on the card front using the file folder art, "grateful" word fragment, "friend" tab, and stamped flocked image cut-outs and lady image as shown and glue in place. Glue flower images to the strip. Zot a ribbon as shown.
- Inside the card: Cut a 3 1/4"x3" light brown/striped border paper rectangle and ink the edges. Glue centered to the inside. Mat "thanks" on flocked adhesive, then mat again on dark brown textured paper. Glue centered to the paper rectangle. Cut out a greeting and glue beneath "thanks". Glue remaining flocked stamped flower cut-outs as shown.