Thank Heaven for Little Girls
By Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: I layered flowers together with a brad before attaching the brad to the spinner beneath the page. I backed the page with cardstock to protect the spinner.
- Place the template centered on the back of the pink/lavender/ivory striped sheet of background paper. Using a pencil, trace the page notch. Slide the template slightly to the right until the large circle edge appears inside your traced notch, but does not run off the edge of your page. Trace the large circle and center hole. Remove the template and cut out the page notch, then cut or poke the center hole.
- Turn the page over so the notch is at the right side. Trace the outside edge of the large heart window shape 2" from the left edge and 4 1/8" from the top, angled as shown. Trace the small heart window shape 4" from the left edge and 7" from the top, angled as shown (make sure both shapes are inside the large circle). Place the background paper on your cutting surface and use your knife to cut out the traced heart shapes.
- Mat the 5"x7" photo on dark pink paper and ink the edges. Glue to the page, 1/2" from the right side and 1 5/8" from the top. Mat the 3 1/4"x3 3/4" photo on dark pink and ink the edges. Glue to lower left corner of the page. Journal on dark pink, trim, ink the edges, and mat on purple. Ink the edges and glue to the page as shown.
- To create your spinner (the large circle): Trace the large circle and center dot on solid purple paper. Remove the template and cut out the circle and cut or poke the center hole. Layer flowers together, add a brad to the center, then use to attach the large circle (now the spinner) behind your scrapbook page. The flowers will overlap the photo. Place the spinner color side up.
- Use the template to trace and then cut out two large heart-shaped photos and two small heart-shaped photos. Cut out one large and one small dark pink heart. Write journaling on the pink hearts. Glue the photos and journaling shapes to the spinner so they'll show under the window, with a mat around the edge. Zot bow and small layered flowers and brad to the page as shown. Use the template to cut a notch in one side of the white cardstock. Align with the page and glue to the back corners to protect the spinner, but still allow it to move.