Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Garden Journal Bundle or you can order them separately.
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Tip: Add lined papers to the journal for notes. The envelope is perfect to keep magazine clippings, seed packets, or photos.
- Ink the binder spine and edges of the front and back. Cut a 1 " strip of pink dot paper and ink the edges. Glue along the edge of the spine and trim flush to the edges. Cover the remaining of the cover with pink floral paper. Trim flush and ink the edges.
- Cut a 3 " strip of pink paper and ink the edges. Glue across the center of the floral paper. Cut a " strip of pink paper and ink the edges. Glue over the seam of the dot and floral papers. Add pen stitching.
- Print journaling onto pink cardstock and trim to fit center of the sticker. Add behind the sticker and secure to the center of the pink strip.
- Add small black pearls to the corners of the pink strip, and a large bracket overlapping the pink dot paper and the pink strip. Glue dot a bow to the bracket. Attach a fleur de lies to the top and bottom of the pink strip.
- Stamp and cut out the music note bird onto purple paper. Stamp and cut out the tree branch on white cardstock. Glue the branch to the bottom right corner of the cover. Foam tape the bird over the branch.
- Cut a strip of pink paper and ink the edges. Mat with pink dot paper and glue to the spine. Add a black pearl in the center of the strip and point fleur de lies together.
- Cover the back of the binder with pink dot paper. Add strip of pink paper, ink the edges and add pen stitching.
- Inside the covers: Cut 1 " strips of pink paper and glue across the bottoms of the covers. Trim flush to the edges. Cover the remaining of the back inside cover with floral paper. Cover the front inside with a strip of purple paper and floral paper. Ink the edges and add pen stitching.
- Divider: Color block the divider with floral, dot and pink paper. Ink the edges and add pen stitching. Mat a photo with purple paper and foam tape to the divider. Add three small black pearls along the edge of the photo.
- Back the smaller frame sticker with the year on pink cardstock and overlap the pink strip at the bottom of the divider. Glue dot a bow above the frame. Use hole punch to re-punch the holes.
- Envelope: Cover the flap with floral paper. Cut a 1 " piece of pink paper and cover the bottom end of the flap. Add pen stitching and ink the edges. Cover the main part of the envelope with pink dot paper. Re-punch the holes.
- Stamp and cut out a bird using the outline stamp. Stamp another tree branch on cardstock. Glue the bird and branch to the flap.Glue dot a bow to the envelope where the flap will tuck under the bow.