Just Because Card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: To get the correct torn edge, place brown side up and tear the paper edge towards you to reveal the lavender.
- For the card: Place the card fold on the left. Cover the card with lavender diamond paper. Ink the card edges brown.
- For the stenciled image: Tear a 3x 4 rectangle of brown/lavender paper. Place the daisy paper face down on a cutting mat and tape in place to secure. Place the cardstock over the stencil, brown side down, and tape at the top to secure. Use the stylus to dry-emboss the cardstock around the stencil images under the paper. Make sure to go around the outside edges of the image and across the surface to get a good impression. Because the paper and stencil are both taped in place you can easily lift the paper to make sure youve gotten all of the areas embossed.
- Remove the rectangle from the stencil and use the edge of the emery board to lightly sand the edge and surface of the raised image. Glue to the center of the purple diamond paper. Embellish the center of the flower with a crystal sticker.
- Punch a hole in the Just Because cutout and thread with floss. Foam tape the tag to the lower right of the daisy and glue the floss ends under a gingham bow over the flower stem.
- Inside the card: Ink the edges of a 1 wide strip of purple diamond paper and glue 1/8 from the card bottom inside back. Write Youre my friend on purple paper, cut into a 1 square and mat with brown cardstock and top with a knotted length of gingham ribbon. Foam tape to the border at the bottom.