Easter Egg Card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: To line the eggs with different colors of paper, first place the top of the egg along the straight edge of colored paper. Trim around the round edge of the egg and the lift the paper and cut along the curve of the printed design under the sticker. Repeat for the bottom using a different color. Place a 3rd color at the center.
When stitching, I used 2 individual strands of threads and used my needle point to pre-punch the holes before I began stitching.
- Place the card fold at the top. Cover the card with dark pink sponged paper. Cut a 1 x 5 strip of purple sponged paper and ink the long edges black. Glue down the center of the card.
- Cut a 5 x 3 3/4 rectangle of lavender paper and mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/16 wide border. Glue to the center of the card. Line the Dazzle border with lime green paper and use small scissors to cut around the scallops. Glue a length down the left and right sides of the lavender rectangle 3/8 from each end.
- Line the grass Dazzles with lime green paper and foam tape across the bottom edge of the lavender rectangle. Line the large and medium egg with paper as shown and stitch with yellow and purple threads. Glue behind the grass.
- Write Easter on a small punched white tag. Glue to the top of the largest egg and top with a knotted length of ribbon.
- Adhere the Celebrate Dazzle above the eggs. Line the bee bodies with black cardstock and glue above the eggs. Use a fine point black pen to draw 3 dots behind each for a bug trail.