Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Brigit Pages Collection or you can order them separately.
Brigit from 7-11 Years
By Tessa Bundy
Designer Tip: Trace along the OUTSIDE edge of your template to create the window for your spinner, then trace along the INSIDE edge of your template for your photos. The photos can then be placed easily onto the spinner from the front of your page, directly through the window. They will also have an even matting of the paper used on the spinner.
- Cut two 1 1/2" strips of purple patterned paper and attach each to a sheet of flowers patterned paper, one along the top edge, one along the bottom edge. Cut two 3 1/2" strips of striped paper. Using the template, trace the scalloped edge along one side of each strip (trace on the back side of the paper). Remove the template and cut along the lines.
- Cut two 4 1/4" strips of pale green ColorCore Cardstock. Using the Lauretta punch, punch the border design along one edge of each strip. Mat the striped strip onto green cardstock, leaving 1/8" border on the straight edge. Attach each finished piece to the pages, with shaped edge overlapping purple patterned strip, leaving 1/2" border.
- Place the template centered on the back of the page, with the notch at the top of the page. Using a pencil, trace the page notch. Slide the template toward the notch until the large circle edge appears in the notch and aligns with the top of the page. Trace the large circle and center hole. Now rotate the template to the right, keeping it aligned over the large circle outline, until the large star appears slightly to the right. Trace, keeping close to the OUTSIDE edge of the template. Remove the template and cut out the page notch, cut or poke the center hole, and use an X-acto knife to cut out the star window. Repeat with the right-hand page, this time rotating the template to the left for the star window.
- To create your spinner, trace the large circle and center dot on white cardstock. Remove the template then cut out the circle and cut or poke the center hole. Flip over so that pencil lines are at the back. Attach with brad through center hole to the back of your page. Repeat for right-hand page.
- To add photos to your spinner, gather four photos for each page they should be at least 4"x4". Using the template, align the large star over your photo so that image is centered in the window. Trace around the large star, staying to the INSIDE of the template lines (this will give you a photo slightly smaller than the window on your page). Cut out photos. Attach photos to the spinner directly through windows on the pages, rotating 1/4 turn after each photo. The photos will have white matting when viewed through the window.
- Apply the leafy border Dazzle near the right edge of pink ColorCore Cardstock, with soft edge along the right. Trim along the soft edge, leaving a thin matting. When you reach the edge of the Dazzle tear the paper along the remaining length of the edge. Trim strip to about 2 1/8" wide. Trace and cut scallop edge along the bottom to match the scallop edge on the striped border paper. Line up scallop edges, leaving a thin matting of striped paper showing, and attach the strip along the left edge of the page. Trim off excess from top. Apply a small flower Dazzle to purple patterned paper then trim around the edges. Foam tape to the center of leafy border Dazzle.
- Mat a 4"x4" photo on white cardstock with 1/8" border. Mat again on the textured side of pink ColorCore Cardstock. Sand the edges of the cardstock to reveal lighter pink backing. Attach the photo to the upper-right of the page (1" from the top and 1/2" from the right). Embellish the photo by adding a corner Dazzle to one corner and foam taping a small pink tag with journaling along one edge
- Cut out large purple tag with white center and attach to the page at an angle, with the top of the tag beside the spinner brad at the center of the page. Attach the "Bloom" Dazzle and butterfly to the tag (part of "Bloom" will overhang). Attach a leafy swirls Dazzle in the lower left corner of the matted photo, with end extending toward the center brad. Apply medium flower Dazzle to pink ColorCore Cardstock then trim around the edges. Attach over the center brad, lifting the flower on foam tape around the edges so that the brad spins freely at the center (if you want the flower to spin, attach it directly to the brad with a glue dot).
- Trim another photo using the large star on the template, tracing along the INSIDE edge. Use the template to trace a large star onto white cardstock, keeping pencil along the OUTSIDE edge. Use this to mat your photo, then attach to the striped border at the bottom of the page, angled so that it overhangs the border.
- Using the template, trace 2 small stars onto green ColorCore Cardstock. Cut out, add stitching around the edges in fine-tipped black pen, journal an age at the center of each, and attach angled beside each star-shaped photo.
- Apply leafy border Dazzle near the top edge of the pink ColorCore Cardstock, with soft edge along the top. Trim along the soft edge, leaving a thin matting. When you reach the edge of the Dazzle tear the paper along the remaining length of the edge. Trim the strip to about 2 1/2" tall and attach along the bottom edge of the page. Apply a small flower Dazzle to purple patterned paper then trim around the edges. Foam tape at the center of the leafy border Dazzle.
- Mat two 4"x4" photos on white cardstock with 1/8" border. Mat again on textured side of pink ColorCore Cardstock. Sand the edges of the cardstock to reveal lighter pink backing. Attach the photos at angles on the lower portion of the page.
- Attach a leafy swirls Dazzle in the upper right corner of the left-most photo, with end extending toward center brad. Apply a medium flower Dazzle to pink ColorCore Cardstock then trim around the edges. Attach over the center brad, lifting the flower on foam tape around the edges so that the brad spins freely at the center.
- Embellish photos by adding "Blossom" Dazzle along the lower edge of the left-most photo and "Grow" onto the right-most photo. Foam tape a small pink tag with journaling along one edge of the right-most photo.
- Using the template, trace 3 small stars onto green ColorCore Cardstock. Cut out, add stitching around the edges in fine-tipped black pen, journal an age at the center of each, and attach angled at the corners of the page.