Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Pop Up Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
Pop-Up Butterfly Card
By Tessa Bundy
Designer Tip: Use template to trace innermost butterfly layer onto specialty paper. Cut out outline only and use butterfly shape as an embellishment on your card. Add glitter domes as an embellishment to background patterned papers.
- Open the card and position the fold vertical at the center. Trim 3/4" from the left edge of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a 5 1/2" square of black glimmer paper, crease down center, and glue into the fold of the card. Cut a 6 1/2" tall x 6" wide piece of pink diamonds paper. Fold down the middle (vertically) so that the patterned side is to the inside. Following the instructions on the template, trace the lines for the pop-up butterfly.
- Remove the template, cut along the indicated lines, then open and fold along the appropriate lines to create the pop-up. Use the template to trace wing decorations and antennae onto black glimmer paper. Cut out and attach pieces to the pop-up. Add black glitter domes to embellish the wings. Glue the pop-up into the fold of the card so that black glimmer paper shows through the cutout portion of the butterfly.
- Cut a 2 1/8" strip of yellow words paper and mat with black glimmer paper behind the left edge, leaving 1/8" border. Attach along the extreme right edge of the card inside. Trim a 1 3/8" strip of yellow words paper and mat with black glimmer paper behind the right edge, leaving 1/8" border. Attach along the extreme left edge of the card inside. Cut out a pink tag, journal across tag and attach along the right-hand strip of the yellow words paper. Add 5mm black glitter dome to the top of the tag.
- Cover the card front with yellow swirls paper. Mat a 5/8" strip of pink diamond paper on black glimmer paper, leaving 1/16" border on the left and right. Attach over the right edge of top flap. Punch 7 evenly spaced holes along the pink matted strip (start in the center and punch a hole about every 3/4"). Tie knots of pink gingham ribbon to odd numbered holes. Tie yellow grosgrain and pink sheer ribbons in even numbered holes.
- Cut out the "wish" tag. Punch a hole at the top and tie a yellow grosgrain and pink sheer ribbons through the hole. Foam tape the tag at an angle over the yellow swirls paper. Add 5mm black glitter dome to dot the "i" in "wish." Use the template to trace a small butterfly on back of the black glimmer paper. Cut out and foam tape near the bottom left corner of the tag. To embellish, add hot pink glimmer domes to the swirls on the background paper.