|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Our secret weapon? 8x8 paper for cardmaking and surfacescome check them out and get saving too!
Birthday Birds and Bees Card
By Laura Nicholas
Designer Tips: Back the stickers with papers and glue to the background paper prior to stitching. Add color to the word stickers by using a sharpie.
- Cut the purple word paper to 5"x6 1/2". Cut the striped paper to 1 1/2"x5" and glue to the right edge of the word paper. Cut a 4"x3" mat of blue checked paper and mat with 1/8" blue paper and then again with a 1/4" yellow vellum mat. Glue to the center of the word paper along the striped border.
- Back stickers with green, purple and orange papers. Cut flush to the stickers and glue to the background paper. Back body of the bees with black cardstock and use yellow vellum for the wings. Pierce holes for the stitching and add embellishment to the stickers by stitching with silky Color Infusion threads.
- Add word stickers and color with a sharpie. Add pen detail for motion of the bees. Ink the edges and glue to the front of the card.
- Inside the card: Cut a 2" strip of word paper and add 1 1/2" strip of striped paper to the border.
- Cut 1/2" strip of blue checked paper and mat with blue. Glue across the purple word paper. Back stickers and glue to the strip. Add stitching with silky threads and glue inside the card.
- Trim a mat of yellow vellum and print a greeting onto the label. Ink the edges and glue to vellum strip.