Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Mother's Day Bundle or you can order them separately.
Happy Mothers Day Card
By Laura Nicholas
Designer Tip: Back the stickers with vellum and emboss with the stylus to give a white puffy center to the flowers.
- Cover the card front with Butterfly foil paper.
- Punch a border of black and red suede papers and trim to 6 1/2" long strips. Back the black strip with vellum and emboss through the punched areas to make the vellum white, trim around the edges. Layer the suede strips, as shown. Add border sticker across the top of the black strip.
- Cut the dot vellum to 3"x6 1/2" and glue across the center of the Butterfly foil paper. Glue the layered suede borders over the vellum, leaving 3/4" showing at the top of the card.
- Back small flower Dazzles and butterflies with red suede and cut flush to the stickers. Glue the flowers to the punched border, and the butterflies as shown.
- Cut a 2 1/4" square from the bottom of the face of the card for the window. Cut a 1/4" strip of black suede paper and glue over the seam of the dot vellum strip. Add a border Dazzle over the black strip. Print a greeting onto white cardstock. Trim into a strip, mat with black suede and glue above the border strip.
- Inside the card: Cut a 3" strip of Butterfly foil paper. Print a greeting onto white cardstock, trim to 2 1/4" and mat with black suede. Glue to the top of the foil paper.
- Add a 1/4" strip of black suede with a border sticker under the greeting. Foam tape a suede backed butterfly and an embossed vellum backed flower around the greeting.
- Cut a 2" square of black suede and embellish with a triangle of black and silver swirl foil. Back the layers of the flower Dazzle with red suede and vellum. Stack the layers with foam tape.
- Glue the square to bottom of the foil strip and the strip to the inside back of the card, so it will show inside the window when the card is closed.