Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Summer Fun Bundle or you can order them separately.
Oahu Hawaii 2010
By LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: To get the lime green edge on the black side of the cardstock, simply tear the cardstock (with the black side up) towards you, exposing the green under the black.
- Background: For the left page: Mat one long edge of the 2x12 strip of striped paper with a torn edge of black/lime cardstock. Glue to the bottom of the Flocked Corners paper. Round the right side corners of a 7x6 rectangle of Swirls paper, ink the edges and mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Evenly space 5 punches at the top and bottom left corners. Thread and tie ribbons as shown. Glue the rectangle 1 1/2 from the top of the page and 1 from the left. Adhere a black crystal on the right corners.
- For the right page: Round the corners of a 9x5 rectangle of Swirl paper and ink the edges. Mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border. Punch 5 holes at the top right and tie ribbon lengths. Glue the rectangle to the Flocked Corners paper, 1 1/2 from the top and 1 from the left side. Cut a 9x2 strip of striped paper and ink the edges. Glue the corners only, 1 from the bottom of the page, centered under the rectangle. Secure black crystal stickers to the corners of the rectangle and strip.
- Photos: For the left page: Punch the photo edges with the Photo cut punch and mat the 7x5 photo with black/lime cardstock with a torn bottom edge. Glue to the rectangle mat 1 to the right. Glue 3 small flowers around the left side of the photo and add crystal stickers to the centers.
- For the right page: Use the Photo Cut punch on the top corners of a 5x7 photo and mat with black/lime cardstock torn along the right edge. Glue the photo to the right side of the rectangle mat and slide the bottom of the photo under the striped strip at the bottom. Mat a 3 square photo with lime cardstock, leaving a 1/8 wide border and ink the edges. Foam tape the photo to the left side of the rectangle mat. Embellish the bottom of the photo with turquoise crystals and a pink bow. Layer a large pink and small green flower and attach below the photo with a crystal in the center.
- Tag: Journal on white cardstock and cut into a 1x2 rectangle. Clip the top corners to make the tag shape and glue a strip of striped paper across the top. Glue a small pink flower with a crystal center over the strip and foam tape the tag to the top right of the striped border on the left page.