Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Glimmer Mist Card Bundle or you can order them separately.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: The card will start to curl a bit when it gets wet, so be careful not to saturate the card with the mist colors. After misting with the ink, I blotted the card with a paper towel, then placed a clean paper towel over the top and a book for weight, and let it dry 10 minutes between applications. You can repeat the spray for a deeper color.
- Cover your work area with paper towels. Lay card out flat on paper towels. Mist the card front with pink, then place a paper towel over the top and blot. Smooth it out, then place a clean paper towel over the card, and then a book to hold it flat. Let dry for 10 minutes.
- Place the glimmer screen decorative corners on upper left and lower right corners of the card front. Hold in place against the card with fingers as you mist blue over the card front. Carefully remove the glimmer screens and blot the card front with a paper towel. Weight down the card and let dry again. Now mist the card front lightly with blue, then blot. Mist lightly with silver, then blot. Weight down and let dry.
- To mist the inside: Open the card and place the left side (card front) into a page protector to mask and protect it. Mist inside (the right side) with pink, and blot. Place glimmer screen corner on lower right and lightly mist with blue. Blot, weight down, and let dry.
- Mist chip heart with pink, then wipe the excess from the resist areas with a paper towel. Repeat for a deeper color. Mist wings chip pieces with pink, then wipe, blue, then wipe, then pink again. Wipe off color from resist areas. Mist ribbon scroll chip with pink then blue, wiping off the resist portion after each application. Let dry.
- Write or computer print greeting on ivory cardstock and trim. Spray blue on a paper towel and edge the trimmed words with blue ink. Glue to chip ribbon scroll. Adhere chip pieces to card front as shown, adding a small piece of foam tape beneath the bottom of the heart.
- Mist the rose very lightly with pink. Repeat if needed for more color. Let dry. Zot to card front as shown.
- Mist chip label and chip rose with pink. Wipe resist portion with paper towel. Repeat 2-3 times for the chip rose to deepen the color. Let dry. Attach chip pieces to the inside as shown.
- Computer print or write words on ivory cardstock, trim, then edge with blue ink. Glue words to chip label as shown.