Summer BBQ Page
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I embellished some of the Summer Scrapbooking Dazzles stickers with colored paper or holographic paper to add bright color and sparkle to this page. I cut the cherry for the ice cream cone from pink holographic paper and punched the dragonflies from teal holographic paper. I punched a pink holographic butterfly, then trimmed away the wings and add the holographic body to the center of a bright pink paper butterfly for variety. For the hot dog with bun, I strategically placed the sticker over striped paper to get the colors I wanted in the right places on the sticker.
- Turn the lime with striped border background paper so the border is at the bottom. Mat photos on bright pink or blue paper and arrange as shown on the background, then glue in place. Glue blue rick-rack over the edges of two photos as shown.
- Use the template as directed to create the ice cream cone from striped paper. Line the ice cream portion with purple/white dotted paper. Trace and cut out an extra ice cream scoop from light pink paper, then mat on bright pink paper. Glue together. Embellish the cone with bright pink rick-rack and lime gingham bow.
- Mat a small photo with blue paper and tuck into the pocket as shown. Glue to the left side of the page, overlapping edges of the photos. Trace and cut out a cherry from pink holographic paper, and a stem and leaf from bright green paper. Ink edges of leaf and stem, Glue cherry, stem and leaf to top of the pink ice cream scoop.
- Computer journal on light pink paper, or write by hand with the black pen. Trim to a rectangle and mat on black. Glue to the right side of the page as shown. Add Dazzle stickers to paper or holographic sheets as shown, and trim around them, then add to the page. Punch dragonflies and butterfly and glue to the page as shown. Add ant stickers along the border and around the page.
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I used the corrugator to get a crimped look for the teal holographic cupcake holder, and it turned out so cute! I backed some fun Dazzle stickers with holographic paper or colored paper, then added them along with some bright pink dotted ribbon. The cupcake pocket holds a tag with the sticker word "fun" added as part of the greeting, "Birthday Fun". The holographic cherry, and the dragonflies and butterfly are the perfect playful finishing touches.
- Pretty & Playful Papers
- Pretty & Playful Ribbons
- Butterfly Lever Punch, Dragonfly Lever Punch
- Holographic Sticker Papers
- Sweet Treat Pockets Template
- Summer Scrapbooking Dazzles™
- Straight Corrugator
- StazOn Ink Pad, Jet Black
- Medium Zots™
- Black pen
- Font: Got That Bling
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Turn the card so the fold is at the top. Cover the card front with pink textured paper and ink the edges. Ink the edges of a 6" x 4 1/2" blue plaid rectangle and glue centered to the pink card front.
- Use the template to trace and cut out a pink cupcake. Corrugate a piece of teal holographic paper, then use the template to trace the cupcake holder shape onto the corrugated paper and cut it out. Glue over the bottom of the cupcake. Trace and cut out a scalloped border from blue plaid paper, and glue to the top edge of the corrugated cupcake holder. Glue the cupcake centered on the card front.
- Trace and cut out a light pink tag and ink the edges. Add "Fun" and a dot sticker to the top of the tag. Place the tag inside the cupcake as shown. Trace and cut out a cherry from pink holographic paper and glue to the top of the cupcake. Zot ribbon as shown.
- Back Dazzle stickers with paper or holographic paper, trim around the edges and attach to the card front around the cupcake as shown. Punch dragonflies and butterfly from holographic paper and glue in place. Computer print or write "Birthday" on light pink paper, trim to a rectangle, and ink the edges. Glue a small piece of teal holographic paper to the left end and glue to the upper left portion of the card front.
- For the inside: Write or computer print message on light pink paper, trim to a rectangle and ink the edges. Mat on pink textured paper and ink edges. Mat again on blue plaid paper and ink the edges. Glue centered to the inside. Back a tall ice cream scoop border with pink holographic paper and striped paper. Trim around the edges. For a shorter border with sprinkles on top, trim away the top scoop sticker without sprinkles, and add a scoop sticker with sprinkles, matching up the new sticker with the one below it. Attach to the left side of the matted message. Punch a butterfly from pink holographic paper and a dragonfly from teal holographic paper and glue as shown.