Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Holly Card & Star Set or you can order them separately.
Stacked Holly Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Layer stacked Dazzles with foam tape for a 3-D effect.
- With the fold on the left, cover card front with green corner swirl paper (with the swirls on the top left).
- On the inside of the front of the card, draw a 3 3/8x3 1/2 rectangle centered 3/4 from the top. Draw angled lines across all 4 corners. Cut out the window with an X-acto® knife. Take a piece of cream colored cardstock and place it underneath the window. Trace the window onto the cardstock. Trim around the traced line, 3/8 to the outside of the line (you may need to draw this with pencil first). Glue the cream frame onto the window on the front of the card.
- Glue 5 of burgundy polka dot ribbon across the bottom, 3/4 from the bottom. Cut 3 1/4x 1 of cream cardstock, trim off the corners, and write or print Merry Christmas on it. Glue onto red cardstock and trim around, leaving a 3/8 border. Foam tape to the card on top of the polka dot ribbon. Tie a small bow with the polka dot ribbon and glue to the top right corner of the Merry Christmas tag.
- Inside the card: Back the largest holly bunch Dazzle with red and green cardstock. Glue to the center of a 3 1/2x3 3/4 piece of red cardstock. Mat onto cream cardstock and trim around, leaving a 3/8 border. Glue to the card centered, 1/2 from the top.
- Back 3 matching holly leaves with green cardstock and foam tape on top of the identical leaves. Back a double and a single holly berry Dazzle with red and foam tape to card, stacking the berries.
- Write a greeting on 3 1/2x1 of cream cardstock and mat onto red cardstock, creating a 3/8 mat. Glue to card 1/4 from the bottom. Back two holly leaves with green cardstock and glue to top right and bottom left of greeting.
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Use 3mm gold nailheads to accent the stars points.
- Take the 1/2 wide red twill ribbon and attach one end to the clear star with a Zot. Wrap the ribbon around the star twice, creating a V shape on the front. Trim end and glue down. Repeat this process with the sheer green swirls ribbon, wrapping around different point. Use the red twill again for the last wraparound.
- Cut 6 gold nailheads and adhere to one of the stars points. Repeat with all the points.
- Back the 3-leaf holly Dazzle with green and red cardstock. Back a matching holly leaf with green and foam tape the leaf on top of the identical leaf. Back the 3 holly berries with red and foam tape to stack the berries. Repeat with double and single berries.
- Thread 10 of cream sheer swirl ribbon through the loop and tie in a knot.