Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Tropical Card Set or you can order them separately.
Tropical Christmas card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Make your holographic stars paper go a long way by using it in limited amounts (i.e., backing the Dazzles)
- With the fold on the top, cover the card front with red holographic stars paper. Cut a 6x4 piece of light blue paper from the Christmas papers and glue to the center. Create a 5x1 tan plaid rectangle with a torn edge along the top. Chalk the torn edge with brown chalk and glue aligned with the bottom of the blue piece.
- Back the palm tree Dazzle with green and red holographic stars paper and Christmas paper as shown. The trunk uses a burgundy swirl paper and the sand is tan plaid. Glue the palm tree to the right side of the card, from the right and from the bottom.
- Back the JOY Dazzle with silver, green, and red holographic stars paper and glue to the card from the left and 1 from the bottom. Place Peace Dazzle in the top left corner and place Love below it. Add gold starfish to the sand.
- Inside the card: Cut a 6 x3 piece of light blue paper and glue to center. Back both of the starfish borders with red holographic stars paper using hole-punched circles. Place a border across the top and one across the bottom of the light blue piece and trim the excess.
- Cut a 4x1 piece of white cardstock and place the Seasons Greetings Dazzle on it, leaving 1 blank space on the right side for the conch shell. Mat the greeting on red holographic stars paper, leaving a 1/8 border.
- Back the large conch shell Dazzle with silver, green and red holographic stars paper as shown, and glue to the card, overlapping the right side of the greeting, 1 from the right and from the bottom. Add a seahorse and bubbles to the left of the greeting and a starfish to the bottom right.