Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Sock Punch or you can order them separately.
Happy Christmas Card
By Laura Nicholas
Designer Tip: Use the punch upside down to change the direction of the stocking. Punch different colors of papers and cut apart to layer for different trim colors on the stockings.
- Place fold of the card on the top. Cover the card front with plaid paper. Cut the color blocked paper to 3 " x 5 3/4". Ink the edges and glue to 4 " x 5 " piece of striped paper. Glue thin strips of tan paper over the seams. Mat again with tan paper and ink the edges. Glue to the center of the plaid paper.
- Cut slits along the paper ribbon in the color blocked paper and thread memory thread through the slits. Twist and kink the thread to wrap around the paper ribbon. Loop ends behind the tan mat.
- Punch stockings out of plaid paper, green texture, striped, tan, dot, and red. Piece the stockings and ink the edges. Add pen stitching, hang from the memory thread and foam tape into place. Add 3mm nailheads to the stockings.
- Ink the edges of the greetings and foam tape to the top section of the colorblocked paper. Add 5 mm nailheads to the ends of the greetings.
- Glue to the front of the card and ink the edges.